Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Books, Materialism, And Envy/Hatred

about books...
I've been having pretty long breaks between my job at the cheque clearing company the past few days, so I head down to MPH in CS. I like the MPH there, it's pretty quiet, nicely lit, and its rather comfy. I prefer it much more than the overcrowded Popular. Hoping to get myself a MPH Reader's Card soon, when the $$$ arrives.

I was browsing through the books there, and I found a familiar title among the rummages of other books.

LET'S TALK ABOUT KELVIN.

I saw this book in the hall, on SIL's bag on the shoe cabinet a few weeks back. The one she borrowed was kinda rundown, so I presumed it would be a hard to find book. Yet I found it there in MPH, new with the "Orange Prize Winner" print on its face.

I've been reading it, and so far reached page 25. Its nice, except for the vocab which is too wide(:P), and the rather TOO descriptive way of writing. But hey, a change once in awhile is good. So I've addicted to that book. I feel bad reading it there without buying, but hey, when the $$$ comes, I'll consider the buying hahaha...

At home, I'm stuck reading a Hitler book. I bought it "just because". It seems alright, for now. Hope it doesn't have an atrociously stupid ending like the last book I held. Because I bought them both from the same place, the MV Doulus(that ship sailing across continents selling books). And anyways, I didn't pay for it. My sis did. So I can't say I bought it. But finish it I must, or I'll feel bad...

about materialism...
I'm dying to get a new hp! Cannot tahan!!! I know I'll have to wait a few months for collective cash to be sufficent for my ideal hp, but I can't tahan! You want buy me new one?

I was contemplating getting an OK hp, and an i-Pod, but its gonna waste loadz of money I guess. So I think I've decided on a superfly hp instead.

I like motorola a lot, its battery lasts longer compared to other brands, but their cameras slack big time! Its either 1.3MP or a 30 sec video recorder!

WHO THE HELL WANTS 30secs OF VIDEO???

Rokr E2 is good, but the camera!!! Haizzz...

I was looking out at N73 and N75, 3.2MP and 5.0MP respectively. Super nice. But the price is exorbitant and the battery so useless! Plus, I don't like the bulkiness of nokia...

I've got few months more before I decide, because certainly one month's not enough to save up, hopefully Rokr E6 comes out soon, although I had the touch screen...

about envy/hatred...
An old friend from form1 added me on Friendster today, so I checked out his profile. He's a friggin' student pilot...which I think he meant cadet pilot...

But STILL!

So very geram laaaa. I mean I'm happy la for the fella. But I'm still stuck here. I wanna be a cadet pilot too.

I shall check out www.sia.com/careers for updates now. Just to calm me nerves XP XP XP

5 comments:

AdrenaLynn said...

Get a W850i lahhh!! Speakers are great..camera's awesome...& with a 1Gb memory card..It's the bomb!!*Ruben's prolly reading this..thus the exaggeration..haha*

Uh No i ain't getting it for ya..haha!

The book is "We Need To Talk About Kevin" ler.. and yes it is highly descriptive which is reason why it's one of those rare times I took 3 weeks to finish it! Required more time to wrap my brains around it ...haha but it is a good read! Gets you thinking!

Anonymous said...

Oo..so is that book a really good book? cuz i'm dying of boredom at home and i need something to read! Lol...i know...why don't you get urself a career guidance book? Its interesting and informative and well...thick? Lol...anyway i can't get any books yet..CTA1 is SOOOO TINY! No mph, no popular, and NO kinokuniya...NO 2nd hand bookshops either! Sad, eh?

sharman said...

SIL: i want something different la...i like yr hp's function(even wt all the exagerration), but its kinda bulky...still considering tho! sooooo...

yea the book is nice, but a bit confusing if i read too fast hahahaha...plus havent been getting breaks much the past few days :(

Caroline: Let's Talk About Kevin is kinda thick, and its pages are COMPACT! but its rather pricey, think it was going for 60+! but much MUCH much more thicker(can u believe this, i FORGOT how to spell "thick"? hahaha, then read yr comment again and changed TEBAL to thick!) than For One More Day...

hmmmm, i still prefer story books tho! hahahahaha

wats CTA1 btw?

Anonymous said...

er, my hometown..lol..its actually Sitiawan..my frends changed it to CTA1...

sharman said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooo makes sense now...hehehehe